(Chicago) – May 2, 2012. For our quiche lovers but crust haters, we have our splendid Cauliflower No-Crust Quiche, which is one of our favorites at Vital Bridges.
In fact, we have only word to describe it: yum.
Here’s what you need to know to prepare this dish:
- Servings: 4 (1 slice per serving)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup, chopped onions
1 ½ cups chopped cauliflower or broccoli
½ cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
5 large eggs
½ cup low-fat milk, rice or soy milk
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 casserole dish or 8-9 inch pie pan with olive oil or butter.
- Spread onions evenly in the dish and place in the oven while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and milk with a whisk. Remove dish from over with mitts and spread cauliflower and cheese evenly. Pour egg mixture over cauliflower, onions and cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cauliflower is cooked and casserole is golden brown.
- Eat, enjoy.
Quiche can be refrigerated in a sealed container for 2-3 days. So, if you have a busy week, this meal can carry you with little effort for a few days.
Nutrition Information (Serving Size 1 Slice): 203 Calories, 13.8 gm Fat, 5.6 gm Saturated Fat, 281.7 mg Cholesterol, 492.3 mg Sodium, 6.5 gm Carbohydrates, 1.4 gm Fiber, 3.7 gm Sugar, 13.4 gm Protein