(Chicago) – Vital Bridges has a new nutritious treat for you: Manly Meatloaf Muffins. They are easy to prepare and easy on the wallet–only .72¢ per serving, and each serving has only 230 calories. Yay.
6 Servings; 2 Muffins
|1⁄2 cup||non-fat milk|
|1 pound||lean ground beef|
|3 tablespoons||onion (chopped)|
|1⁄2 cup||cheese (any variety) (grated)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Spoon mixture into greased muffin cups.
4. Bake for 1 hour, or until temperature in center of meat loaf is 160 degrees.
5. Cool slightly before removing from muffin cups.
Per recipe: $4.34
Per serving: $0.72
Kansas Family Nutrition Program, Kids a Cookin’
Notes: Combine meat loaf ingredients until well mixed, but don’t over mix; too much mixing can make a meat loaf tough.
Cook your meat loaves to 160 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to test the temperature. You will know that your loaves will be completely and safely cooked without being dried out from overheating.