(Chicago) – Healthy Halloween treats are the best way to fend off scary health problems.
The folks at the Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service bring us some healthy treats just in time for the Halloween holiday: Breakfast Pumpkin Cookies. Great idea, no? The cinnamon, nutmeg, and raisins have really got us excited. Yum!
This health recipe cooks up 48 cookies for only $5.91. That will satisfy a lot of goblins knocking at your door.
Here’s what you need to know:
|1 3⁄4 cup||pumpkin (pureed, cooked)|
|1 1⁄2 cup||brown sugar|
|1⁄2 cup||vegetable oil|
|1 1⁄2 cup||flour|
|1 1⁄4 cup||whole wheat flour|
|1 tablespoon||baking powder|
|1⁄4 teaspoon||ground ginger|
|1 cup||walnuts (chopped)|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil thoroughly.
3. Blend dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture.
4. Add raisins and nuts.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Per recipe: $5.91
Per serving: $0.12
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service