(Chicago) – With the leaves piling up, you knew this healthy Thanksgiving recipe was coming: Crustless Pumpkin Pie.
Our friends at the Oregon Family Nutrition Program add pumpkin pie “spice” to give a wee bit of kick to this after-dinner classic, while cutting down on the calories by cutting out the crust. You’re going to love it!
And at .51¢ per serving, it hardly weighs on your wallet.
Here’s what you need to know:
|1⁄2 cup||Master Mixes (Oregon)|
|2 tablespoons||vegetable oil|
|1 can||evaporated milk, nonfat (13 ounce)|
|1 can||pumpkin (16 ounces)|
|3 1⁄2 teaspoons||pumpkin pie spice|
|2 teaspoons||vanilla extract|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
2. Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl or a blender.
3. Beat 2 minutes with a mixer until smooth, or blend in the blender on high for one minute.
4. Pour into the pie plate.
5. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50-55 minutes.
6. Cool slightly and keep refrigerated.
7. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.
Per recipe: $4.07
Per serving: $0.51
Oregon Family Nutrition Program