(Chicago) – Vital Bridges has yanked out a special healthy recipe treat from our Latin recipe vault: Baked Red Pepper Trout. Can you say I’ll have “seconds” or “segundos”?
From the folks at the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute and Delicious Heart Healthy Latino Recipes, the Baked Red Pepper Trout is only 300 calories per serving. And this healthy recipe also treads lightly our your wallet at $2.04 per serving.
Don’t dawdle. Get cooking–and eating.
Here’s what you need to know:
|2 pounds||trout fillets (or other fish, cut into six pieces)|
|3 tablespoons||lime juice (or about 2 limes)|
|1||tomato (medium, chopped)|
|1⁄2||onion (medium, chopped)|
|3 tablespoons||cilantro (chopped)|
|1⁄2 teaspoon||olive oil|
|1⁄4 teaspoon||black pepper|
|1⁄4 teaspoon||red pepper|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rinse fish and pat dry. Place in baking dish.
3. In a separate dish, mix remaining ingredients together and pour over fish.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fork-tender.
5. Let it settle for 5 minutes.
6. Eat. Enjoy.
7. Ask for seconds.
Per recipe: $12.26
Per serving: $2.04