You’re going to like this: a dinner recipe that bakes health and taste together: Chicago Chicken and Broccoli Bake.
From the folks at Produce for Better Health, each serving of this Chicago Chicken and Broccoli Bake has only 170 calories and only 45 calories from fat while supplying 20% of vitamin C and 6% if iron. And it’s affordable, too – only .95¢ per serving.
Chicago Chicken and Broccoli Bake
|1 cup||rice, uncooked|
|1 package||broccoli, frozen (10 ounce)|
|3 cups||chicken, cooked|
|2 tablespoons||margarine (or butter)|
|2 cups||chicken broth|
|1⁄4 cup||Parmesan cheese (optional)|
1. Cook rice in 2 cups of water.
2. Let broccoli thaw.
3. Chicken should be off the bone.
4. Melt butter in large sauce pan.
5. Add flour to melted margarine and stir. This will be lumpy.
6. Use broth from chicken you cooked or use canned chicken broth. Slowly add broth to margarine/flour. Stir to remove lumps and thicken.
7. Add cheese and stir.
8. Add rice, broccoli, and chicken. Stir.
9. Put in a casserole pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
10. Serve, eat, enjoy.
Per recipe: $7.62
Per serving: $0.95
Produce for Better Health and Connecticut Departments of Public Health and Social Services, Supermarket Smarts: The 5 A Day Way.