(Chicago) – Well, Vital Bridges today has a special tummy tickling dessert recipe for you: Lemon Corn Cake.
From the folks at the California Department of Health Services, this healthy treat has only 160 calories per serving and only 20 calories from fat.
Moreover, it’s also light on your wallet. The recipe generates 12 servings for only $2.00 or .17¢ per serving.
Here’s what you need to know:
|1 cup||yellow corn meal|
|1 tablespoon||baking powder|
|6 ounces||yogurt, lowfat lemon|
|2 teaspoons||lemon peel (finely grated)|
|2⁄3 cups||nonfat milk|
|nonstick cooking spray|
|3 tablespoons||lemon juice|
|1⁄2 cup||powdered sugar|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix first five ingredients together in mixing bowl.
3. Combine yogurt, lemon peel, oil, egg yolk and milk together and stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
4. Whip egg whites with mixer until stiff. Fold into corn meal mixture.
5. Pour into round 9-inch cake pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until corn cake tests done.
7. For optional lemon glaze: Over low heat blend lemon juice together with powdered sugar. Pierce cake top repeatedly with fork. Slowly pour glaze evenly over the top.
8. Serve, eat, enjoy.
Per recipe: $2.00
Per serving: $0.17
California Department of Health Services, Celebrate Health with a Lowfat Fiesta
California Project LEAN